You can type and work for the whole day on your PC and laptop, and typing is one of the prime works for everyday tasks. On the other hand, the common issue faced by all working peoples is wrist pain while typing and working. Using a computer keyboard is not a harmful activity, but the most frequently asked question is: Does typing cause arthritis?
Therefore, keeping in mind all of your wrist pain problems, here you get a detailed guide about what causes arthritis in fingers and how to solve joint pain problems while typing and working. If you follow all the tips and steps mentioned below you can get rid of this problem easily, and you can type and work without pain.
Does Typing Cause Arthritis?
If you work for the whole day, it will cause arthritis and wrist pain because you can work for a long time in the same posture. Even if you type on the computer keyboard or do texting using a mobile device for long hours, it will cause wear and tear to joints in the wrist, hands, and fingers. If you are previously diagnosed with a form of arthritis, this activity puts stress on your joints and is very dangerous for you.
Here you need to keep in mind that if you type and text in the wrong posture, it will cause arthritis and you ace many problems. You face three types of issues during typing in the improper posture mentioned below.
- Arthritis: When it comes to arthritis, you can face many problems as you feel pain in joint, swelling, and stiffness.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: The second problem you may face is carpal tunnel syndrome, and inside this problem, you feel pain, numbness, weakness, and tingling in your fingers, wrist, and joints.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: It is the third and last problem you face while typing if you are diagnosed with arthritis or type and work for a long-time. Inside this issue, you face pain and swelling inside your elbow.
Does a type of arthritis cause bumps on fingers, joints, and wrist? So above, you get the three major problems that you may face if you don’t type in a better manner and posture.
5 Tips to Manage Arthritis While Typing
If you are working and typing at home or office, it is imperative to find the best way to reduce your wrist pain. Therefore, keeping in mind all your needs, we come up with the 5 tips, and after following this, you can easily get rid of arthritis. Let’s take a closer look at all of these tips and find one of the best methods to reduce pain significantly.
1. Find the Best and Suitable Keyboard
Finding the suitable and best keyboard for stress-free typing is very important because it is designed using special features and technology. If you find the best wireless keyboard, so it proves to be best for excellent comfort. You can move it anywhere and type without any stress on your working desk. Consequently, if you want to eliminate arthritis, joint pain, and wrist pain, keep in mind to buy a suitable keyboard.
Here you get the best keyboard for arthritis, and it is available for you at a reasonable price, and it offers excellent performance to reduce wrist pain.
2. Adjust your Laptop Position
You not only face arthritis inside your fingers and wrist, but you can also face this problem inside your joints like neck and shoulders, etc. Therefore, you can lift your laptop or adjust the position of your PC screen, and set a better posture to eliminate this joint pain issue. You need to keep in mind that the laptop is designed for portability but not provides the best ergonomics.
- You can use the detachable or wireless ergonomic keyboard to get an excellent typing experience without any pain.
- Also, you can use the books or various equipment that will elevate the laptop screen and prove to be best for your eyes and joints.
3. Use Keyboard with Better Posture
A commonly asked question is what is the best keyboard and mouse position that doesn’t cause arthritis. Therefore, here you get some tips that prove to be perfect and reduce the joints and wrist pain.
- When using a keyboard to type and work, make sure that your hands are up but below the elbow level.
- While using the keyboard during typing, make sure that you do not keep the arms on the arm rest.
- Also, keep in mind that your wrist should be flat or have little bend on the backside when you are using the keyboard to type and play.
4. Change Your Body Position
Always keep in mind if you want to eliminate the hassle of arthritis that you don’t stay in the same position for a long time while typing. Change your body position every 30 minutes and stretching your body after some time. Also, another great thing that will allow you to work for the whole day without any stress or pain is that a coffee break or do other works while typing. Always change the posture of your body like arm rotation, standing up, body twisting, etc.
5. Do Exercise Daily
Exercise is a perfect choice to prevent arthritis while typing, so you can exercise daily and stretch your body for some time. Exercise and body stretching proves to be perfect for your joints, wrist, and fingers, and you can feel great again while typing. You can go to the gym and spend a maximum of one hour inside and warm up your body daily. Also, the important thing is that you need to keep your diet healthy and keep your body maintain.
Hope you get a detailed answer to the question of does typing cause arthritis? The straightforward answer is yes, and typing in the wrong posture cause joint pain and may health issues. Therefore, above, you get the step-by-step guide about how you can solve this problem and keep your joints, wrist, and fingers maintained and protect it from arthritis.
In the end, we hope that this guide proves to be helpful and informative for you and all your concern about does typing cause arthritis in fingers, joints, and wrist will go.