Are you new to the world of gaming keyboards and unfamiliar with their backlights? Many people find it difficult to change the color of their keyboards. But luckily, you no longer have to worry as we’re here to provide the complete guide on how to change the color of your keyboard computer.
When it comes to RGB keyboards, there are 16.8 million colors possibilities, that can reflect your mood or the task you’re working on. You can make stunning effects by adjusting the keyboard’s backlight while playing games.
Table of Contents
How to Change the Color of Your Keyboard Computer?
To change the color of your keyboard, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to press the < Fn > + < C > keys, and you will be taken to the color wheel of available backlight options.
- After pressing these keys, you will see that the White, Red, Green, and Blue backlight colors are active by default. Here, you need to keep in mind that only two custom colors can be added to the BIOS system set up cycle.
Now let’s see the step-by-step guide.
- After pressing the < Fn > + < C > keys, you need to select the option of “Lighting” that is located on the left navigation sidebar.
- On the top right corner, you will see “keyboard” option, which you need to make sure is selected.
- Now you will see three modes: “Animation”, “Static”, and “Off”. In order to manually assign the keyboard’s backlight, make sure that you select the option of “Static.”
- After selecting this option, you can manually adjust the keyboard’s backlight colors to specific areas.
How to Change Laptop Keyboard Color? Windows 10
Many laptops come with backlight keyboards, and some of these laptops allow you to change the keyboard’s color. Most laptops come with built-in Windows 10, we will show you the step-by-step guide on how to change keyboard color on Windows 10.
Many laptops that come with the backlight keyboard feature allow users to change the keyboard’s color using hotkeys, which are keyboard macro programs, and dedicated applications. You can change and adjust the keyboard’s color most of the time by pressing the < Fn > + < C > keys.
(Below, you get the detailed guide on how to change keyboard backlight timeout)
Finally, we present to you get a step-by-step guide on getting a colored keyboard inside your laptop.
- First, you need to open the app and tap on “Set Keyboard Theme,” Here, you get the color options inside the options tab. Inside this tab, you can see red, blue, green, pink, black, or gray colors.
- On the other hand, if you want to change the keyboard’s color with your specific source, you need to follow the processor mentioned. Open the app, tap on the set keyboard theme, and select my image option. After it, you need to choose the image from your gallery or another source like google photos, etc.
How to Change the Color of Your Keyboard on MacBook Air?
If you are using the MacBook Air, you don’t need to worry about changing the keyboard’s color. You can easily do that by following the guide mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to go to the Apple Menu
- Then, inside the Apple Menu, select the system preferences.
- You need to click on the “Keyboard” option in the system preferences tab.
- Here you get the option “Adjust keyboard brightness in low light.“
- Finally, you can use this option to change the keyboard’s backlight as per your needs and according to your gaming gears.
All in all, if you want to change the keyboard’s color, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
The most basic solution is to press the < Fn > + < C > keys. On the other hand, if you want to use the color cycle, you can hold the “fn+r” keys. Also, you can “Alt down,” and you can repeatedly press the arrow keys to cycle through the colors.
How Do You Change The Color of Your Keyboard on a PC?
- Q: How do I change the colors of the keyboard?
- A: All you have to do is press the < FN > + < C > keys so you can cycle through the available backlight. Here you get the options White, Red, Green, and Blue are active by default. Select the option “Static,” and you can use it to adjust your keyboard’s color manually.
How Do I Change the Colors on Windows 10?
If you are using windows 10, you can change the keyboard’s color manually using setting options. To change the keyboard’s color using windows 10 you need to follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- Press the start button and then go to the setting option
- Here you select the “Personalization” option and then select the “Color” option
- Inside the “Color” option, you need to press the custom tab
- Here you choose the default windows mode option and then select dark
- You can choose the option as per your needs like light or dark
Can you Change the Backlight Color?
Yes! You can change the backlight color of your keyboard as there are lots of keyboards that come with adjustable backlight modes.