Effectively cleaning the keyboard wrist rest and mouse pad is very important because it significantly increases your productivity. After sometimes you can see your wrist rest or mouse pad full of dirt and grime and completely flat. When you scratch your nails on the top of the wrist rest, so you get to see the traces of discoloration. Therefore, it is imperative for you to know how to clean a keyboard wrist rest or mouse pad.
The quick and easy method to clean the wrist rest is to use the laundry detergent, wipe the dirt with a damp cloth, disinfect wipes, clean it with liquid soap, or rubbing alcohol. Before using these ingredients, make sure to clean the dirt using simple cloth or vacuum cleaner.
There are different types of wrists wrest you can use to do for working or gaming, so you get the step-by-step and detailed guide to clean all types of wrist rests. Let’s take a closer look at all the effective ways to clean the keyboard & mouse wrist rest pads mentioned below.
Types of Wrist Rest or Mouse Pad
Many types of wrist rests are available in the market, and most gamers and workers use it. You can use different methods to clean all types of these wrist rest mentioned below. Before knowing the step-by-step guide of cleaning these wrist rests, you get to see the different kinds of wrist rest mentioned below.
- Foam Keyboard Wrist Rest or Mouse Pad
- Gel Keyboard and Mouse Wrist Rest
- Original Leather Wrist Rest and Mouse Pad
- Fabric Keyboard and Mouse Wrist Rest
- Wooden Mouse and Keyboard Wrist Rest
Above, you get to see the five types of wrist rest used all over the world. So, for cleaning all of these wrists rests and mouse pads, you can use different methods. Below you get to see all types of cleaning ways that you can use to clean all of these wrists rests.
General Tips Before Starting Cleaning Process
If you are thinking about cleaning the keyboard wrist rest, consider some essential things mentioned below.
1. Don’t Use Washing Machine
Always keep in mind that never use a washing machine or dishwasher to clean the keyboard wrist rest or mouse pad because it will ruin the texture and conformity of the wrist rest.
2. Never Use Scalding Hot Water
When you are clean your wrist rest so the cold water proves to be best as if you can use hot water, it will bend the elasticity of the wrist rest & mouse pad.
3. Use Sponge or Towel
When you can thoroughly clean the wrist rests or mouse pad, you can dry it using the sponge or towel with some roughness except the dryer.
How to Clean a Foam Keyboard Wrist Rest?
The foam keyboard wrist rests or mouse pad is generally used all over the world. Unfortunately, never use a washing machine to clean a foam keyboard wrist rest, as it will completely destroy the foam. However, the foam wrist rests generally manufactured with some fabric, so you can effortlessly clean it by using laundry detergents.
- Vacuum the Dirt and Remove Strains: Clean the wrist rest by using the vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and dust particles. Also, when you remove the dirt particles, you need to remove the strains by using a damp cloth. You can damp the cloth inside the boric acid or water and remove the strains thoroughly.
- Use Laundry Detergents: When you clean the dirt and strains from the keyboard wrist rest, so you are thinking about how to clean a keyboard wrist rest with laundry detergents. All you have to do is mix one part of the washing detergent inside the two parts of water and keep it in the spray bottle. Then, gently shake it and spray it on the foam wrist rest without soaking the foam. In the end, sit the wrist rest for 15 minutes and clean the chemicals with water.
- Remove Odors: Sometimes, you may feel a smell inside the keyboard wrist rests, so you can easily remove the odor by baking soda. When you use the baking soda, you need to sit the wrist rest for the whole night and get the dirt and odors-free wrist rest.
Note: if your wrist rest or mouse pad is not dirty, you can use the damp cloth or sponge and simply wipe it out without using the laundry detergent. How do you clean a silicone wrist rest? So, you can also follow the above method to clean a silicone wrist rest without any hesitation.
Clean Gel Keyboard & Mouse Wrist Rest
The question that comes to your mind is how can I clean my gel wrist rest, so you don’t need to worry more. The gel keyboard wrist rest is made of leatherette and some syntactic materials like plastic, so it is effortless for you to clean it.
- Wipe with Simple Damp Cloth: If the gel keyboard wrist rest is not greasy or sticky, use a simple damp cloth and wipe the gel wrist rest.
- Use Liquid Soap: Mix up 1 teaspoon of the liquid soap with the 8-10 Fl oz lukewarm water and shake it properly. Now gently spray it on the top of the gel keyboard, wrist rest, and sometimes wipe it using simple water.
- Use Rubbing Alcohol: Rubbing alcohol is one of the best ingredients for cleaning the gel keyboard wrist rest and protecting it from germs and bacteria. Therefore, you can use a simple cloth with rubbing alcohol and clean it from dirt and germs.
Simple Ways to Clean Leather Wrist Rest
If you are using the wrist rest specially manufactured with the original leather, you need to keep in mind some crucial steps and clean it carefully. Leather is a little bit delicate material, and you can never use harsh chemicals to clean it. So, the leather wrist rest should be cleaned the same as the leather purse or wallets.
- Use Leather Cleaner: As mentioned above, leather keyboard wrist rests are manufactured with dedicated materials. So, you can use the damp cloth (do not thoroughly soak inside the water), and you can also use some leather cleaner as it will not harsh for the leather wrist rest.
- Remove the Dirt and Grime: For removing the dirt and grime from the leather keyboard wrist rest, you can use the mixture of the lukewarm water and liquid soap and wipe the leather wrist rest.
On the other hand, if you don’t have leather cleaner, you can also use bleach-free disinfecting wipes to clean the leather wrist rest as it will not damage the leather.
How to Clean a Fabric Wrist Rest and Mousepad?
The wrist rest made of fabric materials and these are not widely used worldwide, so how to clean a sticky keyboard wrist rest made of fabric materials. Not even outside of the wrist rest are made of fabric but also inside the wrist rest, you get to see the fabric materials.
- Use Simple Soap Detergent: To clean the fabric wrist rest, you can simply use the detergent and clean it with your hands or wash it.
- Alternatives of Soap Detergent: if you don’t want to use the detergent soap to use the soapy water, that is the alternative to the soap detergent. All you have to do is simply wipe out the fabric wrist rest with soapy water.
Best Ways to Clean Wooden Keyboard Wrist Rest
If you are using the wooden keyboard wrist, so it is not complicated to clean it. Here you get some steps that you can follow to clean the wooden keyboard wrist rest.
- Use Water with Soap: First of all, you need to keep some lukewarm water inside the bowl and add some dish soap. Next, you need to damp the cloth inside this mixture and wipe your wooden wrist rest gently.
- Use Vinegar: if you want to clean the wooden wrist rest by using the natural method, you can also use 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. By using it, you can clean the wooden wrist rest and get germs-free wrist rest.
Hope you get a detailed answer on how to clean a keyboard wrist rest by following all the methods mentioned above. After following all of these methods, you can clean the wrist rest and make it free from germs. In addition, after knowing all of these methods, you notice that liquid soap is commonly used to clean all types of wrist rest and mousepads. So, you can use simple liquid soap to clean the wrist rest weekly or monthly.
We hope that this guide proves to be helpful and informative for you and all your concern about how do I clean my glorious keyboard wrist rest? Will go.